Sales Representative – Boston North – Security
Our client is a leading manufacturer of long-range wireless communications equipment which empowers companies to grow profitable alarm monitoring businesses and government agencies to enhance security anywhere in the world. Service providers, installers, and government agencies rely on our client’s solutions to deliver superior reliability, performance, and scalability through groundbreaking, easy-to-deploy mesh radio technologies that will never sunset. Customers benefit from differentiated life safety, property, and asset protection solutions that meet stringent commercial and government requirements.
They currently have an opening for a sales representative who will cover a New England territory. With a title of Regional Sales Manager, the sales representative will be responsible for all sales and marketing programs for the six New England states and will ensure sales goals are achieved. S/he will strengthen existing dealer relationships while proactively pursuing new dealer opportunities as well.
In this important position, the Regional Sales Manager will:
- Meet or exceed revenue and sales quotas.
- Complete sales proposals for new prospective dealers.
- Generate revenue by calling/prospecting for new customers (lead follow-ups, prospecting, qualifying).
- Prospect for new dealer opportunities in the field by proactively setting up meetings, facilitating and presenting the benefits of their solutions.
- Perform outbound calling to existing customers in order to inform them of new products, continuously build the relationship, and demonstrate the value of all products.
- Meet face-to-face with existing dealers to demonstrate new products, sell the value of technical services support and maintenance; and present the value-added marketing resources and tools.
- Provide input in developing sales channel support tools and market planning and implementation activities for the region.
- Update and maintain on a timely basis Salesforce.com with accurate customer and pipeline information.
- Support participation in events and promotions.
- Conduct technical sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Actively participate in regional industry events as well as direct business development events as required.
Requirements for this job are:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Exposure to technical system products, preferably in security or wireless markets.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Sales skills, excellent overall business skills, and good negotiating skills.
- Proven strong telesales/phone skills including strong prospecting and cold calling skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all business partners.
- High level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and sales software.
- Excellent professional communication skills and appropriate grammar as related to utilizing communication tools including but not limited to business correspondence, email, and telephone calls.
Qualifications for this job are:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years sales experience.
- Selling security or wireless products a plus but not a must.
- Valid Class D Driver’s License
- Ability to travel approximately 25% throughout assigned territory
A competitive compensation with a base salary, commission and bonus is projected at $100,000 for the first year. All business expenses (mileage, travel, etc.) are paid; full company benefits.