Sales Engineer – Testing Systems – Massachusetts
Join an excellent sales engineering team and be part of the next growth phase for this excellent company. Our client is a leading global manufacturer of innovative materials testing systems. They enable their customers to conduct comprehensive, repeatable tests to ASTM or ISO standards, measure key analytics and keep costs under control while seamlessly integrating their testing procedures into their organization. Robust, easy to use and consistently accurate, their testing systems are supplied to the automotive, aerospace, biomedical, construction, heavy engineering, laboratories, and universities as well as major government agencies.
Customers include NASA, GE, DuPont, Johnson & Johnson, and Harvard University as well as smaller enterprises that are less well known but require world class service. Their team has been solving material testing problems for over 22 years, from the early days at MIT where the founder started the company, to recent innovative breakthroughs in the medical arena.
- The Sales Engineer's (SE) primary responsibility to to get new customers and drive new revenue. This will be done through prospecting, cold calling, qualifying leads, customer visits and quoting specifications.
- The successful SE will be aggressive, creative, energetic, personable, product smart and a good listener with excellent presentation skills.
- The SE should have a high level of mechanical aptitude and a track record of selling technology based products.
- A business or technical degree (ideally BSME) with strong analytical skills to complement your sales skills
- Minimum 5 years prior sales or pre/post sales technical experience
- Documented over-quota performance
- Solid phone and presentation skills
- Formal sales training or a proven sales methodology utilized in former positions
A competitive compensation of $110,000 to $120,000 (base and commissions) for the first year. Subsequent years at $130,000 to $150,000. Company benefits include medical, dental, life and disability insurance; Simple IRA plan; paid vacation and holidays–and the opportunity to work with some really smart people!