Account Director – IoT/Digital Transformation Consulting – Boston
As an Account Director you will act as the point of contact for clients, prospects, Account Managers, Business Unit Heads and Sales Leaders. The Account Director will create business strategies, architect and oversee delivery approaches, build successful relationships, and drive business results.
Our client occupies a unique position in the technology and digital services industry. Part agency, part consultancy, part innovation lab, they are dedicated to helping global enterprises thrive in the technology age. They innovate breakthrough strategies, experiences and products designed to reinvent the relationship between companies and their customers.
- Act as an SME (subject matter expert) within Account Management and Delivery Management;
- Create business strategies to successfully achieve client business goals;
- Act as the Account Leader with clients, internal teams and BU heads;
- Align with other Account Managers and Senior Leadership to co-develop/support account plans and strategies for delivery, growth, and client satisfaction;
- Serve as the engagement architect, responsible for account plans and strategies, and work directly with client product, marketing, and/or IT teams to position the engagement for success;
- Stay abreast of current and emerging trends, unique opportunities and challenges of the space/markets and geographies in which the clients operate, and how it affects clients’ business and initiatives;
- Work closely with project/program management to ensure successful delivery through an integrated delivery model;
- Be responsible for shaping solutions and properly scoping/pricing engagements, establishing optimal operating models and project team organization, and leading the transition from the sales process to the delivery phase;
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with clients at senior levels as well as external and internal partners to maximize growth within an account/client portfolio;
- Develop effective relationships with key internal executives, BU heads, Solution SME’s, and Sales and Delivery Leaders;
- Drive revenue within the client/account portfolio as well as accelerate opportunities to influence and sell-in end-to-end services;
- Align with BU’s goals and objectives, support company financial goals by achieving revenue and profit targets;
- Support sales/pre-sales activities by assessing opportunities, responding to RFP’s, creating proposals and presentations, establishing relationships with clients and prospective clients, and helping to close/sign new deals.
- 5-10 years of demonstrated track record of developing and growing client relationships and leading teams delivering end-to-end solutions within the retail/CPG space;
- Knowledge of technical platforms, business models, subject matter, and trends;
- Strong problem solver and creative thinker with gravitas;
- Ability to operate at the strategic level, yet being close enough to the details to add value to clients and be a real support to your team;
- Experience managing and monitoring performance metrics across large scale accounts and account portfolios;
- Exceptional leadership/management skills and superb oral and written communication, with seasoned presentation skills;
- Strong digital knowledge of or experience with particular emphasis on strategy, consulting, team management and product development;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Track record of leading teams;
- Proven ability to manage client engagements under high stress to successful completion;
- Sound business acumen; strategic skills; common sense;
- Effectively manage up and down;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Compensation consists of a base salary and commission/bonus component targeted at $250,000 first year.
Complete benefits package and all business expenses paid. Regional travel required.